Old June 4th 05, 10:53 AM
Andy Leighton

Default Police officer injures cyclist

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:47:08 +0100,
David Hansen wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:24:48 +0100 someone who may be Richard
o.address.uk wrote
this:-

What I found a trifle annoying was that the news report that David
references above is entitled "Ramraiders hurl bricks at police";
presumably some sub-editor thinks that lowlifes hurling bricks is more
attention-grabbing than a cyclist being seriously injured.

Only a cyclist, not worth mentioning in the headline.

It was front page news in the local paper, not the lead story mind
but it was prominent on the front page.

--
Andy Leighton =
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_