Old January 28th 08, 11:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
heh heh

Default Post pregnancy cycling

On 2008-01-28, LotteBum (aka Bruce)
With only 6 weeks to go, I'm getting more and more desperate to get back
on my bikes. Does anyone here know how soon after birth one is able to
get back on bikes and ride? Even if it's just short rides, I'm really
keen to get back on the bike as soon as I pop....

Hope to get some answers here as Google hasn't really helped me at
all..

Welcome back Lotte.

I reckon by 3 months old, you'll already be taking him/her/them on the
bike in a kiddy carrier, for short 600km rides.

If the GVBRs are anything to go by.

I think the default period is about 6 weeks as that's when most gyno's
schedule the major post natal checkup. You may or may not get the Ok at
that point and it will depend on the type/ease of delivery.
My little one is now 6 weeks old and the wifes main issues are staying
hydrated for feeding. She had a 9lb naturally and is still very tender
around her girly bits and according to her there would be buckleys of
getting back on a bike at this point.