Old January 29th 08, 01:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Default Post pregnancy cycling

DaveB wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
after 25 hr's labour, so my wife wasn't even allowed to drive a car
for nearly two months, and had difficulty picking up the baby!

Hey Bean, my understanding is the no driving for 2 months is an
insurance company stance (and varies), not a medical one. The lifting in
and out of the car is an issue (fixed capsule versus lift out makes a
difference), but I recall for my wife the doctor was happy for her to
drive after 4 weeks.

DaveB

From my understanding the no driving thing was a "what can happen
during sudden braking" thing after a caesar. Apparently sudden movements
like that can cause a tear to an incompletely healed wound. Whatever the
case, when my wife finally got back into the car she said to me one day
that she wanted a "baby on board sticker" on the car so everyone would
understand she had a reason for being a bit dippy on the road! I was
only too happy to oblige after she also told me that she turned around a
round-a-bout and then wondered if she'd done it legally or on the wrong
side of the road!! Eeek! This is the sort of thing to expect Lotte!
Brain rot is quite severe after childbirth.

Bean