Old November 13th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Not really CHANGE, Same Old **** Already

In article ,
Scott wrote:

On Nov 12, 2:29*pm, Mark & Steven Bornfeld
wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:

(snip)

* * * * Would we hear a different tune if your ass was on the line? *U.S.
manufacturing is dying. *So-called "right-to-work" auto manufacturing in
this country is not going to thrive unless it is manned by illegal
immigrants. *Otherwise the auto industry will be no better than the
textile industry.
* * * * If cheaper prices are all we value, we'll get all our goods from the
third world via Walmart. *Thank God we still have the securities
market--oops!

Let me get this right, you think the auto companies operating in right
to work states are using illegal immigrants for their work force?

No, you didn't mean that, but it sure seems like you think that
without the unions to protect the workers the wages will go so low
that the only folks who'll take the jobs are the illegals. BS. The
industry is doing quite well with well and fairly paid non-union
employees in right to work states. Michigan is the exception and they
need a reality check. There may have been a need for the UAW at one
time, but now they're killing US automakers.

Well, I don't think the UAW is killing the big three. They made ****ty choices on
what to make and sell and are paying for it now.There are aspects of the union
contracts that aren't helping, that is certain, and the unions did a lot of good for
workers in the past. I sometimes think that they should reorganize more in line with
the concept of a trade guild, where they supply workers and if someone doesn't cut
it, the guild replaces that worker.

--
tanx,
Howard