Old January 2nd 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mowens61-gmail.com

Default Campy 11 speed chain on 10 speed rings

On Dec 27 2009, 8:45*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
On Dec 26, 1:41*pm, "

wrote:
Will Campagnolo 11 speed chain work on 10 speed chainrings?

I might be building up a new bike. *I might go for a used Dura Ace
7900 compact crankset (10 speed) and new Campagnolo 11 speed shifters,
cassette, chain. *Probably use older 9/10 speed Campagnolo derailleurs.

Yes, of course. The chainrings are the same width, the 11s big ring is
offset a wee bit(.4mm) towards the small ring. You 'may' get chain to
big ring 'tickle' on smaler cogs but shift into the big ring and up
the cogset for the same ratio.

What about using an 11 speed crankset (Athena 50-34) with existing 10
speed chain and Ergoshifters (not Ultrashift)?
-Mike