Old April 12th 19, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Cyclists triggering red light cameras

On 4/11/2019 7:07 PM, AK wrote:
I was looking up whether a cyclist can get a ticket.

And found this

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...391955121.html

I see a lot of cyclists running stop signs.

That sets a bad example.

I agree, and I'm probably over-diligent about obeying traffic lights. At
one intersection about two blocks from my house, I turn right where
there's a "No Turn on Red" sign. But even though I know the sign was put
there to protect kids walking home from school at 3 - 4 PM, I sit
dutifully even at 8 PM, even though nobody would ever object to me
proceeding. Not even my friend the police chief.

OTOH, I happen to live directly across from a stop sign at a T
intersection. I've sat in the house and counted multiple times.
Consistently, 50% of the motorists fail to do a legal stop.

Personally, I think it's much more reasonable to ticket those motorists
first.

--
- Frank Krygowski