Old April 12th 19, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Cyclists triggering red light cameras

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:25:31 +1000, James
wrote:

On 12/4/19 9:07 am, AK wrote:
I was looking up whether a cyclist can get a ticket.

And found this

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...391955121.html

I see a lot of cyclists running stop signs.

That sets a bad example.

Many motorists complain about cyclists running red lights, so
researchers did some researching.

https://usa.streetsblog.org/2018/01/...an-drivers-do/

Bad examples aside, it is also worth remembering that someone on a
bicycle who disobeys a red light really only puts themselves at risk.
I'm yet to read of a car v bike crash where the car driver suffers
injuries other than perhaps psychological.

However when a motorist disobeys a red light they endanger all other
road users and themselves.

There is a distinct difference in the level of risk.

True. But then the people who lament about "bicycle safety" don't make
announcements something like "Well, mate, we had 700 bicycle deaths
last year but of course 400 of them were running stop lights, riding
the wrong way on one-way roads and other violations of the traffic
code".
--
cheers,

John B.