Old April 12th 19, 07:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Cyclists triggering red light cameras

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 9:25:43 PM UTC-5, James wrote:
On 12/4/19 9:07 am, AK wrote:
I was looking up whether a cyclist can get a ticket.

And found this

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...391955121.html

I see a lot of cyclists running stop signs.

That sets a bad example.

Many motorists complain about cyclists running red lights, so
researchers did some researching.

https://usa.streetsblog.org/2018/01/...an-drivers-do/

Bad examples aside, it is also worth remembering that someone on a
bicycle who disobeys a red light really only puts themselves at risk.
I'm yet to read of a car v bike crash where the car driver suffers
injuries other than perhaps psychological.

However when a motorist disobeys a red light they endanger all other
road users and themselves.

There is a distinct difference in the level of risk.

--
JS

I think you are forgetting some things.

If a cyclist blows thru a red light and is struck by a car, don't you think the driver will be at least a tad bit traumatized?

There is no valid excuse for cyclists to run lights and stop signs.

Andy

And while I am at it....

Cyclists should ride close to the curb while in bike lanes.

I have seen some who ride close to the car lane and have been clipped by a cars side mirror.

Whenever there is a contest between car and bike, the outcome is ALWAYS the same. The cyclist loses. It don't matter if you had the right of way, etc.