Old May 24th 04, 07:50 PM
Nathaniel Porter

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

"Peter Tillotson" wrote in message
news

snip

I think we need to start educating the car drivers, report everyone
comes too close or cuts you up. It'd be nice to take snaps of the number
plate, get home and automatically get a list sent to the local police.

There is a thread on u.r.d. regarding villagers being able to detect
speeders and pass registration no.s to the police so they can send out a
letter (or summons in extreme cases). I think it would be a good idea if
road users can report incidents like the PP describes to the police and that
they (at least) send a letter out detailing the incident and what should
have happened instead. I think the reasonable-but-ignorant part of the road
user community would respond well to that (although I doubt it would have
any effect on the selfish section of society).

Just thinking aloud :-)