Old September 24th 04, 04:49 PM
Craig Brossman

Jimbo(san) wrote:
P/T is hell... My physical therapist is Satan... Just kidding...
Actually P/T is dead boring and my Phyisical therapist is very
professional.
The facility isn't very sports minded. It is more a hospital kind of
thing...My physical therapist isn't really bike minded... but she has
been steadily increasing the excersizes. I see a marked improvement in
my pain...
So I asked her what she thought of me trying to ride again... Which she
replied that she thought it was very important to get back into it... I
explained to her the different hand positions of the various bikes...
She basically told me via my description to avoid the GRS as it was too
much shoulder slumping and keeping the same hand positions for longer
periods of time. She thought the H/T would be a close second... but the
way I explained the SS she thought it would be best as it caused me to
keep moving and changing positions on the bike. Wider bars and hand
position are less stress on my shoulder and neck...
So as per my physical terrorist's instructions... I will probably be
riding the SS and H/T on my way to recovery... I was considering a
change from fully rigid to borrowing Carla's Marzocchi Atom 80... but I
think I should be ok as we will probably be keeping to the easier
trails...
We also figured on breaking out the weights this winter and since I am
way overweight now maybe some other form of cross training... trail
running/ hiking... Must return to shape.
Seems day dreaming about riding doesn't exactly burn very many
calories... but thanks to reading CDB's new MRM (Mental Riding Method)
I have staved off insanity long enough to recover... Thanks Doc!!!

--- Jim

Sucks Jim. I'm not supposed to put any weight on my ankle for another 3
weeks, so I am relagated to swimming. Haven't actually started yet, but
it is the only way for me to stay in some condition so I don't totally
suck when I finally get back on. Probably not the best exercise if you
are suffering from a shoulder injury.
Hang in there!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado