Old October 6th 04, 09:55 PM
the black rose

gds wrote:
But they say it's going to turn to rain, so we won't have to cope with it
much longer.

This is the time of year when the high desert is spectacular! The
mornings are in the 50's and it hits ~90 in mid afternoon. So, you
just need to decide what you like best and time your ride
appropriately.
We should get some rain come late December.

Oddly, here in upstate NY we're getting a lot less rain since the
weather started cooling down than we did during the summer. Lots more
ride-able days for those of us averse to riding in a cold rain (how do
you folks in the Pacific northwest handle that???).

I need more cold weather riding stuff now. I had a nice ride today and
as long as I kept moving I was fine, but when I stopped to chat with
folks from the local homeschooling group, I nearly froze. *shiver*

-km