Old April 22nd 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

Default lickton's gets no more business from me!

In article
,
walter wrote:

clearly, these guys are running a crappy shop and in over their heads
if they seriously believe a they can justify such a huge markup on
the basis of time and materials. and this douchebag "curt" is a
jackass who knows nothing at all about customer service.

Lickton's is a brick and mortar shop that has been in business for at
least 30+ years, since I first did business with them in 1978 and they
were well-known then. Bob Lickton is notorious cranky and, from a
customer service perspective, that's not a particularly good thing as
you point out. On the other hand, he's managed to be in business for a
long time and to develop a reputation as one of the better shops in the
Chicago area. So he's done something right.

I'm baffled by buying a lock ring by mail order and not just riding down
to the LBS to get one. Unless you only have LBSes with worse customer
service than Lickton's.

As a customer, of course, you certainly have the right to no longer do
business with them if their service was unsatisfactory from your
perspective.