Old May 13th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ablang

Default How much should one spend on a bicycle?

On May 11, 12:26 pm, Ablang wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, guys.

I would mainly just use a bike for paved roads to go to the store. I
already have a cheap beater bike, a Magna that I use to go to the
stores with, usually about 2 miles one way and it takes me about 20
mins to do so. It's a inefficient bike, but still easier than a
Huffy. Bike riding has to be easier.

Someone here recommended a hybrid bike, and I believe that is an
excellent recommendation. The '08 Trek 7000 is just in my price range
too... Not more than $350. I'm going to a bike store soon.

I am 5'4" and about 130-150 lbs. What size bike am I looking for?

I wouldn't use this beater bike to go more than 4 miles round trip. I
get very tired w/ this bike.

I forgot to say that I wanted a better bike in the event that I wished
to bike to a store farther away. I always lock my bike up, no matter
how cheap it is, but I'm worried about parts being stolen off it
anyway or punk kids letting air out of my tires.