Old May 14th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ablang

Default How much should one spend on a bicycle?

Look what my friend had to say about this bike:

--

(I meant front wheel suspension -springs- not rear wheel.) That bike
has

Did you check that link ? albeit the complainers were all tall or
heavy that didn't like them (seatpost springs), your mileage may vary.
Bottom line is that the bike won't work well on trails as a mountain
bike.
It's strictly a commute bike. That seatpost spring might spoil a
perfectly
good bike in that sense. And that is costing ya a bit more for that.

My bike is a 100 dollar bike. That's what I paid for it and that's
about
all its worth.

Sorry for the confusion.

--

What I said:

Pardon my ignorance w/ bikes, but I don't understand anything
about
what you just said. Guess I'll have to try it out in the store in
person
someday.

I assume the bike you want to sell me is superior to the Trek?

--

May want to have a look at this before you buy .. Not too many
are fond of the seatpost suspension...

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/in...p/t-60039.html

Also that's quite steep for a bike with not even rear wheel
Suspension. Maybe I'm thinking used, but hey.

--

What I said:

I'm thinking about getting this one.

http://brandscycle.com/itemdetails.c...gId=39&id=8943