Old August 22nd 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles
John Thompson

Default 3ft passing requirement revisited

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.bicycles.misc.]
On 2008-08-22, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

So I'm changing my tune, and not just asking for a 3 foot passing law for
cyclists, but demanding it. A relatively-narrow two-lane road (like 84 near
Tripp, specifically right near the "singing gas pipes" on the west side of
the road) is no place for 3 bikes & two cars to share the same strip of
road. The car should have waited until it could pass us with reasonable
clearance, and there obviously needs to be a law defining what "reasonable
clearance" is because I doubt that particular driver thought he or she was
doing something reckless.

Times like that, a carbide spike on the end of a 3' long horizontally
mounted fiberglass pole sounds awfully tempting.

--

John )