Old October 30th 04, 08:26 AM
A Muzi

-snip-
maxo wrote:
I've witnessed two different bike shops around here do this: as they're
selling somebody their first "real" bike, and they're doing the schpiel
about maintenance and coming in for cable tightening, they talk of the
horrors of using a patched tube and said that "for your own safety" the
new bike owners should return to the shop and have their tube replaced for
$15. What a load of horse ****. I'll replace the tube only if it's a
really skinny tire and I can "feel" the patch. Never had one fail.

I don't shop at those places anymore, at one I got chastised on the same
visit for asking if they stocked those "mity mite" bells that are nice and
inconspicuous on a road bike stem "what do you want a bell for?!", the
owner sneered.

Sorry for going OT, I really miss having a real LBS nearby. :/

Includes scalp massage or maybe dinner?
Fifteen Bucks???

--
Andrew Muzi