Old October 31st 04, 12:08 AM
Pat

: $15?????????????????
: Includes scalp massage or maybe dinner? Fifteen Bucks???
:
: maxo wrote:
: A fair price to be sure, but any reputable shop wouldn't try to
insinuate
: that a consumer can't safely change their own flat.
:
: The going rate in my neighbrhood is $4+$4.
: $15 just seemed a lot
: Andrew Muzi

In this area, the charge is $10. I have been in several bicycle shops and
have seen and heard people inquiring about the service--so far, all of them
have been men--and they don't bat an eye when they are told it's $10 (while
you wait, natch). I have a hard time keeping my jaw from dropping to the
floor, but I also know several people who would never 'reuse' a tube,
either.

Pat in TX