Old November 7th 13, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Cyclist causes a crash and scarpers

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 00:54:01 +0000, Phil W Lee wrote:

Bertie Wooster considered Mon, 28 Oct 2013
18:02:06 +0000 the perfect time to write:

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:01:36 +0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

Doesn't he know his home insurance will cover the damage?

http://www.driffieldtoday.co.uk/news...nsea-1-6190973

Maybe he was one of the few cyclists not to have insurance, and was
emulating his uninsured driving cousins, who have a propensity to
leave the scene of a crash without exchanging details.

With motorists, it's not only the uninsured that hit and run.
Drunks are particularly bad for it (I wonder if stashing the cellphone
somewhere is catching up with going to sober up as a reason?),
although just attempting to avoid prosecution, insurance premium hikes
and loss of no-claims discount seem to be enough reason for some
maniacs to leave someone to die.

Strange that the driver in this case didn't even take details of the
alleged witness.
If her account is accurate, it would only benefit her to do so.
As it is, the "he pulled straight out in front of me" excuse for
apparently running straight into the back of a cyclist will be the
only version known. How convenient!

More milk please - m'lord