Old November 30th 18, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Cab driver found guilty of allowing cyclist to exit car

On 26/11/2018 14:10, wrote:
On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 12:26:18 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
An Uber driver has been found guilty of negligent driving occasioning
death.
Cyclist Samuel Thomas, 30, was struck by a bus getting out of the car
at a red light. Nazrul Islam, 32, 'did not keep a proper lookout'
(EMPHASIS MINE), a magistrate found on Monday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oming-bus.html

This is not 100% the fault of the driver. The cyclist was ****ed up.
One would have thought that a cyclist/road user would have been more
careful?
In a past life I've owned taxis and many a time I've had to shout "DON'T
OPEN THE DOOR"!!!!!!!

So when a cyclist is riding past a parked car and the driver opens his door and kills the cyclist, it is the passing cyclist's fault to riding too close?

However, a drunken cyclist is killed as he exits a taxi without looking and now it is the car's occupant that is to blame for not looking.

If he rode his bike in the back of a car, what did he expect?