Old April 21st 19, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Motorists not welcome

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 07:21:35 -0700 (PDT)
Simon Jester wrote:

I ride a Dawes Karakum which is comfortable but heavy. Hub dynamo,
magura rim brakes and a rear rack. I use a right pannier with
puncture kit, tube, tool kit. Commuting adds wallet, phone, ID card
and clothing. Sometimes I have been tempted to add a copy of the
Highway Code to show to motorists who insist cyclists are required by
law to use cycle paths but ASL's are optional for bus and taxi
drivers.

I've considered printing out a few of the sections that the more
egregiously ignorant motorists need to understand, so I can just stick
them in a window or under a wiper, the better to inform them of their
error. But it would probably be too much trouble to dig out the
appropriate piece and deliver it, as I no longer use a handlebar bag.