Old October 24th 18, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Settled Science?

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7:09:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:59:59 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:27:43 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 14:44:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

My favorite was the US Federal Weather station that was
placed directly in the exhaust of a building air conditioner.

Ummm... like this wx station mounted on top of the HVAC units?
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/KSBW-WX-Station.jpg
It's the weather station for the Santa Cruz sales office for KSBW. I'm
told it isn't used for forecasting or data collection.

All of your local NOAA stations are up in the mountains -- Ben Lomond, above Los Gatos, La Honda.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/findstation

-- Jay Beattie.

Do you have that wild-eyed look in your face as you're trying to pass this sort of crap off? EVERY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT contains a Federal weather station. In case you're unaware of it, temperature, atmospheric pressure, wind speed and wind direction are important. Most cities contain weather stations that meet Federal standards and that too is added to the temperature and wind records.

Tell me, are you preying that the world is going to end like the environmentalists are doing?

Say Tom, did you look at the map? Did you check to see where the NOAA stations are near Jeff? Is there even one word about my post that is factually incorrect? I'll answer for you: no.

Why are you so invested in ruining the environment? Is it because you live in a godforsaken **** hole that would be improved by a nuclear bomb-blast? I don't. https://www.oregongravelgrinder.com/...ull-36copy.jpg

I suppose we could blow the top off Mt. Hood to see if there is coal inside or just run the sewer outflows right into the Willamette, like the old days. Maybe put a steel mill at Crown Point. https://images.fineartamerica.com/im...t-jon-ares.jpg

The economic activity would far outweigh any long term degradation of human quality of life. People would have more money to buy Big Macs and Trans Ams. That's far more important than, say, a mountain or forest -- which by the way, produce plenty of economic activity on their own. Don't get me going about the price of a season pass. http://www.firsttracksonline.com/wp-...smountain1.jpg (BTW, getting down from that spot is no easy feat). Whatever the cause of global warming, I can tell you that summer skiing on Mt. Hood has gone down the toilet.

-- Jay Beattie.