Old April 27th 19, 02:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Who was at fault?

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 00:54:17 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

The taxi brake lights would also have come on.

Precisely.

The driver was 100% to blame for creating the situation but the
person on the bike might have done more to avoid.

As vulnerable road users we really need to pay attention to what is
happening around us, and expect other road users to be careless, stupid
or just plain nasty. A couple of "bad drivers in the UK" videos I
watched earlier seemed to be mostly about drivers failing to anticipate
other road users or being combative and inconsiderate towards them,
then trying to make out that it was the other driver behaving badly.
Thankfully I also found a video compilation of considerate driving, I
may watch that again later. :-)