Old May 6th 19, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

Default New bike advice

On Mon, 06 May 2019 18:23:11 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

JWM wrote:
A female friend of mine wants a new bike

Her current one is from Halfords and is their "own brand" although I
can't quite remember the name off the top of my head. She'll want
something similar ie a hybrid with a female frame but the main
criteria are it needs to be a good deal lighter and have disk brakes.

Not being familiar with bikes at all I wondered if anyone has any
recommendations for something suitable - budget is around £500.

My bike has a toothed belt rather than a chain and it has a hub gear
- not wanting the belt for my friend but a hub gear might be good?

Thanks

Tell her to grow up, get a job and buy a car.

See?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.