Old September 11th 04, 02:43 AM
RonSonic

On 10 Sep 2004 12:40:41 -0700, (WTD) wrote:

Ok, will I also be able to run a campy wheel (ya know in case I want a
pair of fancy campy race wheels) with this on? It so this seems the
answer.

Am I confused?

As I understand it, the difference between Campy and Shimano cog spacing is
0.2mm - converted into numbers for which I have a feel that's just under 0.008".
The thickness of a too-thin guitar string, or two hairs side by side. So if a
middle gear is adjusted spot on, the cumulative error on the large side will be
0.040" inch. Since that might be cured with the limit stop, we're up against
0.032" at the next cog. Thirty thou seems a pretty trivial amount of
misalignment on something like a bicycle chain.

Have I gotten something wrong? I understand it is best if everything is, well,
best, but....

Ron