Old August 27th 06, 08:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Trapper

Default Camelbak - The SlipStream

It's 02:15 AM in San Antonio and our local weather folks say it's 82
degrees with a heat index that makes it feel like it's 89. I can't
wait to see what happens when the sun comes back out.

I use a 100oz bladder and regularly drain it. Nothing is more
important than having enough water in hot regions. One should never
try to save on weight by sacrificing ones water supply. When I rode
yesterday (nearly 4 hours) I easily emptied the bladder and still lost
5 lbs of water weight. I had pre-hydrated big time in the hours before
the ride and I was on the road before 7 AM to miss the main heat of the
day.

Remember, just because it's a 100 oz (or bigger) bladder doesn't mean
you need to fill it up all the way for shorter rides. But it's nice to
know you have the capacity when you need it.

--
Trapper
Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341