Old May 15th 20, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Cartridge square taper BB 4 a Adamas AX square taper crank?

On 5/15/2020 1:44 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 10:34:13 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 2:46:34 AM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
On 14/05/2020 20:06, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone know if there's a Shimano square taper CARTRIDGE bottom bracket that I can put a square taper Shimano Adamax AX crankset on? My buddy wants one. I have a Shimano Cartridge BB-UN51 but is seems as if the taper is different on it than on the crankset and thus the crankarms slide all the way to the shoulder of the spindle and the crankarms can be wiggled.
So, 1, are the tapers different and 2, is there a Shimano cartridge bottom bracket that'll work with the Adamas AX crankset?

Thanks and cheers

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbtaper.html

I don't believe that Phil Wood makes cartridge square taper bottom brackets anymore though perhaps you can get a special order.

Phil Wood & Co. disagrees with you:

https://phil-wood-co.myshopify.com/c...ottom-brackets Apparently you indicate offset in the check-out.

You can get them direct from ModernBike.com: https://www.modernbike.com/product-2...iABEgJPifD_BwE

The price of the Phil BB would probably exceed the value of the bike in question.

-- Jay Beattie.

We sell them, although not as many as we once did. Still an
in-stock item here.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/