Old May 16th 20, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Cartridge square taper BB 4 a Adamas AX square taper crank?

On 5/15/2020 7:10 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Friday, 15 May 2020 05:46:34 UTC-4, Tosspot wrote:
On 14/05/2020 20:06, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone know if there's a Shimano square taper CARTRIDGE bottom bracket that I can put a square taper Shimano Adamax AX crankset on? My buddy wants one. I have a Shimano Cartridge BB-UN51 but is seems as if the taper is different on it than on the crankset and thus the crankarms slide all the way to the shoulder of the spindle and the crankarms can be wiggled.
So, 1, are the tapers different and 2, is there a Shimano cartridge bottom bracket that'll work with the Adamas AX crankset?

Thanks and cheers

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbtaper.html

That's a great source but unfortunately the PDF documents I have show a splined bottom bracket not a square taper one. Thus I don't know if it's ISO or JIS but I think it must be an ISO one.

Cheers

I was wrong.

I blew up the image until it was clear that the 'square' on
the crank arm in the catalog is a lighting effect. The hole
in the arm is not visible in the image at all.

The BB-SL31 spindle splines can be seen at about 4x original
size. Adamas AD-11 and AD-22 are indeed spline systems.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/