Old May 21st 20, 04:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default A Story That Would Eventually Surface Sooner Or Later

The mariner gets his way.

Some guy at a Hudson river warehouse was -- I vaguely remembered reading about this before I met the "fugitive" -- selling saline solution as flu vaccine. He forged the fugitive's lot numbers and company logo onto the fake vaccine.

Apparently the science is developed enough for them to prove this resulted in 13 deaths. Saline Solution got 200 years.

Anyway the fugitive was cleared and only lost his high paying big pharma job when their patents expired, something else I vaguely remembered reading about in the 1990s.

The second story is the funny part. He next employer gets raided as well. This is two federal raids in 3 years. By then he's figured out the internal operations of federal raids and decides a raid is as good a time as any to find a new employer.

So anyway I'm telling an acquaintance about these German auto engineers in a bar ROTFLTAO at the story and she asks, "OK, Bret, what are they doing in a bar? . . . Being like _Sweden_?"

Bret Cahill