Old May 23rd 20, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Freewheel breakage

On 5/22/2020 6:38 PM, bob prohaska wrote:
Today I encountered a bicyclist whose freewheel had simply let go.
It didn't drive at all, but neither did it make any obviously awful
noises. He'd already arranged for someone to pick him up, so thre
wasn't any point in exploring further, but I was very much surprised.

The freewheel on my bike is coming up on 40 years old, runs quietly
and seems to work fine....should I be worried about it? Never done
anything to it except oil it once in a blue moon.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

We changed two today with that symptom.
Your 40 year product probably wasn't a noname brand from china.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/