Old May 24th 20, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Would better rear view vision make cyclists feel safer?

On 13:11 23 May 2020, JNugent said:

On 23/05/2020 10:54, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 12:12:15 AM UTC+1,
wrote:
Ha ha. Simon was clearly embarrassed by JNugent pointing out the
spelling error he posted. Simon is insecure about looking thick, and
JNugent touched a nerve, as he so often does with him.

I had copied and pasted it from the already written piece in Cycling
Weekly. What I normally then do is then proof read it and put (SIC)
after any obvious errors. This time I only spotted it AFTER I had
posted it and couldn't be bothered to delete it and then repost it with
the (SIC) addendum.

The entity you are referring to has been in a killfile since 2010 and
so I could not have read their piece. The blame lies with Michelle
Arthurs-Brennan of Cycling Weekly, not me.

I did put a (SIC) after Judith's stratum/strata error though.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions about the spelling error being in
some original which you had simply copied.

So a "Cycling Weekly" person thinks that "periphery" is spelled
"perifory", eh?

It shows you what sort of half-educated people write for it. It isn't
even defensible as a typo (which, of course, we all make).

"Cycling Weakly" indeed. (No typo this time.)