Old September 2nd 11, 10:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 4:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.

Your opinion that known facts are not really facts is merely

camouflaged opinion stated as fact. Deletion of (presented facts) and
denial of such facts is a ludicrous effort to discredit what is
documented and accepted. Socrates taught that wisdom begins in the
recognition of how little we know. Every time you open your mouth,
you embarrass yourself by demonstrating how little you know and in so
doing diminish the sum total of your credibility. Keep up the good
work.

Nope, simply documenting something does not mean it is true and accepted.
ALL facts are subject to being interpreted and disputed. My contempt for
your so-called facts runneth over!
[...]

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from
cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to
age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were
dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider
looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.

The bottom line is NOT that people become diseased and die every day

from cancer and other conditions as a result of MERELY having lived, but
rather
that we have lived not as well as we should have, having made choices
that limit our exposure to that which contributes to cumulative damage
of our DNA as we age, genetic mutation that triggers the onset of
disease, an indisputable fact that DOLAN refuses to acknowledge.

Most folks live about as well as their culture permits. Trying to escape
what your culture gives you is a fool's errand.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it
age 70 or above.

Granted, age inevitably takes its toll on the biological organism, but

diet plays a significant role be it good or bad depending upon the
choices we make as to what we ingest. This has become increasingly
obvious as evidence accumlates.

Diet plays a role because how and what we eat is an important element of
life. However, what is in dispute is how great that role is in the grand
scheme of things. Most people in all previous cultures never lived much past
the age of 40. Maybe mother nature never intended that we should live to age
70 or 80?

Why not talk to your wife and get her input. She is a nurse and knows things
about life and death that you and I don't.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka