Old September 4th 11, 04:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 2, 3:47*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 1, 4:53 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

All Americans have more or less the same diet.
This is an absolutely false statement. *Various ethnicities have

different diets and the health conscious eat more organically and then
there are the vegetarians and vegans.

There is some value in comparing the diets of various peoples around the
world with their rates of cancer. But as is well known, comparisons are
extremely difficult for a variety of reasons, the main one being too many
variables involved.

Such studies have been done, but your unwillingness to devote time or
energy to research the matter precludes you from being aware of that.

Yet all Americans do not get
cancer. Most especially, all men do not get prostate cancer, at least not
the point where it is going to cause death.
First off, cancer is not American-centric as I have previously

indicated. *All Americans do not get cancer, but all to many do! *The
percentage of men getting prostate cancer is very high and the trend
is for prostate cancer to be contracted earlier than in the past. *Why
do you think that is? *As concerns death, most prostate cancer is a
slow growing non-aggressive form that allows for other maladies to
cause death before prostate cancer does, so your point is rendered
moot.

Maybe we should be studying those people who never get cancer and trying to
find out why that is?

That has been done too (see my comment above in this regard), and
generally resistance to cancer has been determined to be largely
genetically linked. If you expect to be taken seriously and listened
to, I'd suggest you first learn before opening talking crap.

I could go on and on here, but it should be obvious that I

know far more more about the biology of the disease than does Ed
Dolan, not that that in any way hinders him from running his mouth and
offering errant opinion stated as though fact.

What you think you know is a mere pittance compared to what the true experts
know. What are your credentials other than reading a lot of unrelated health
and medical literature on your own?

My doctors have a much higher opinion of my knowledge in this regard
than you do and needless to say I value their opinion more that
yours. Whereas, what I know is arguably less than what experts in the
field know, it is also a given that what you know is a mere pittance
in comparison to what I know, so why don't you give it a rest until
you get up to speed?

"You are embarked on a wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance
your
long term prospects." - Ed Dolan

[...]

The main FACT you need to get acquainted with is that we are all victims
of
whatever culture we live in. There is no escaping it unless you want to
live
alone in the wilds of Alaska hunting and gathering like Chris McCandless
of
"Into the Wild" (he died of food poisoning and starvation).
A single person who dies of food poisoning and/or starvation does not

to bolster your argument in the least. *The main FACT that you need to
get acquainted with is that we need not be enslaved by the culture
that we born into and live in. *Truth be told, it is becoming tedious
to attempt to reason with a man so unreasonable.

If you had studied the social sciences more in college instead of worthless
subjects like philosophy and religion at Loyola, you would know that we are
indeed slaves of our culture.

You have no idea what I studied and social sciences were among them.
It is obvious that you didn't benefit from your education which came
to a screaching halt with the recipt of a diploma ... sad that.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka