Old February 3rd 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ddog

Default Swift Shift activation rod length problem with Suntour Power ratchets

Well looked at it real good and had it figured out what to machine
down on Swift Shift fixture, but then the cable housing fixture would
be inside of where cables exit. So... it was good engineering
information on Swift Shift mechanics, plus initial shifter cables/
housing (until ergo) and housing stops which will go on my Simplex
down tube bracket now.

I'm going to use the original headlamp support bracket concept hanging
from aerobar to hold ratchet shifters, but with a screw in bracket
band borrowed from Swift Shift engineering and with one of the new
handlebar shims coming in next Tuesday. It will be perfect size rather
then the 3" long shim I got at LBS before when initially modelling
headlamp support concept. The ratchet shift is just too precision fit
to mount on anything other than the Suntour down tube bracket its on.
Too many precision interfaces to deal with.

Thanks