Old March 19th 11, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicyles.misc
Edward Dolan

Default OT - Eye-Oh-Wuh

"Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/19/2011 4:45 PM, SMS wrote:
On 3/19/2011 4:54 AM, Peter Cole wrote:

Yes, but you also find Iowa pleasant. There's no accounting for taste,
but you seem to be in a minority.

I have many relatives in Iowa and it's not a question of pleasantness or
unpleasantness, it's where their livelihood (farming) is. They also live
in the town that boasts one of Iowa's biggest tourist attractions,
http://www.roadchix.com/iowa/cheeto.htm.

That is not too far from where Ed Dolan lives.

The Upper Midwest is a paradise on this earth. One day it will be as
populated as the plains of India. The winters are not pleasant, but it is
possible to keep warm if you tend to your furnace.

The small towns of Iowa are a miracle. It is what make RAGBRAI the sensation
that it is every year. Folks come from all over the US and other countries
to experience this small town friendliness. Even the few large cities of
Iowa retain this friendliness.

I live only 11 miles from the Iowa border and consider myself as much Iowan
as I do Minnesotan. Mr. Sherman is fortunate indeed to have relatives that
are living in Iowa. How many of us can ever visit a farm these days.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka