Old July 10th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Bret Wade[_2_]

Default Steel frames and le Tour

Scott wrote:
On Jul 7, 12:22 pm, wrote:
Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was riding one in this year's
Tour.

Until I rode an S-Works Roubaix this year, I wasn't convinced that any
carbon fiber bike would/could ride as nicely as a steel Lemond Sarthe
I picked up on ebay, and I would gladly ride a hand-built custom steel
frameset (from the right builder with the right tubeset) over any
carbon fiber bike I'd ridden previously. Keep in mind, I'm not a
weight-weenie, so a pound or so more frame weight means nothing to
me. Comfort and durability, on the other hand... much more important.

You mean the yellow Tsunami with the yellow decals wasn't your favorite
bike?

Bret