View Single Post
Old December 8th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni
external usenet poster

Default Training or Plain Riding?

On Dec 7, 11:06*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

* *That's pretty much what I saw. His later comments about how the "bad bearings"
allowed a freehub to skip seems dubious to me, at least on a Mavic wheel. The way the
wheel is assembled, there'd have to be a *lot* of sideplay in the bearings before the
pawls would skip. I'll bet the problem was worn teeth on the cassette. As for the
"fork failures," when a fork breaks because you stuck your size 13 hoof into the
moving wheel, it isn't really a fork failure. They really aren't designed to handle
things like that. (By the way: a "new fangled pedal" that failed? WTF? Which one is
that? The last new pedal design I can recall is the Crank Bros. from about 10 years
ago. And how is the fact that he pulled his foot out a "failure" of the pedal?) His
story about a bike having a head tube pop cleanly off is one he's told previously,
naming Parlee as the brand. I'd bet if someone got in contact with Parlee, they'd get
told that Parlee has no records of any such incident.

* *Maybe T ought to consider getting a steel fork, clips, straps and cleats and 36
spoke wheels (straight 14 gauge spokes, too). That way he won't find it so easy to
pull his great ham loose and stick it into his own front wheel. Just sayin'.

Dumbass -

There's a lot of engineers like TK who passed their classes in
college, but have no hands on experience with actually building stuff.

That nearly always leads to a negative result: a bad engineer. Those
types can float around big companies for awhile, sometimes decades,
but eventually they become unemployable (example: TK).

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home