Old March 3rd 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

Default STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

On Mar 2, 5:09*pm, "K. Gringioni" wrote:
On Mar 2, 3:09*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

On Mar 2, 1:25*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

Would it actually be worse than prolonging things as we are now, looking
for the bottom but not knowing what the bottom looks like? Wanting so
badly to start "recovering" but because we keep throwing band-aids out
there, that recovery from the bottom is further off?

In military terms, you can have an orderly retreat... or a rout.
Examples: Chosin Reservoir and Stalingrad, respectively. *The former
is bad, but the latter is far, far worse.

Dumbass -

Nice analogies.

Did you ever read "Stalingrad: the Fateful Siege" by Beevor? Pretty
goddamm epically awful conflict.

No, but I saw the movie... and the History Channel programs.
Horrific. The -uh- "German leader" reminded me a lot of Bush-
needlessly sacrificing the lives of thousands of his troops rather
than admit his blunder.
-Paul