Old November 4th 19, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Fall is falling

When I came in sight of the house on my way home from church today, I
thought "Oh! Dave's gone somewhere!" Then I remembered that not too
long before our first snowfall, we re-arranged the garage and started
parking the car inside.

Re-arranging consisted almost entirely of moving a chair, but the car
occupies the path I use to get the flatfoot out. Not that I've gotten
it out much lately -- I've been walking just fine all summer. I did
ride it a few times to fetch a sandwich from Sweet Dreams; walking
would have given the sandwich time to get cold.

Never mind, he said, you can always back the car out. But that spoils
whats reputed to be the primary advantage of a flatfoot: one can hop
onto it and ride in whatever one happens to have on, including
floor-length skirts.

Including skirts is cheating because I have to set up for it by
wearing black pedal pushers instead of white drawers. On the other
hand, I wore black tights today because my silk tights need a stop-run
darn and I can't find the other pair.

Butd I have to change clothes whenever I leave the house anyway. Even
if I don't mind being seen in my grubbies, I have to put shoes on.

After carefully observing the situation, I think I can get the
Flatfoot out by the same route as the road bike. I might have to take
the pannier off to get the flatfoot past the road bike, but that
pannier was designed to be taken off and carried into a store as a
shopping basket.

There turned out to be two things wrong with that theory. One is that
bag boys don't have the slightest clue as to how to pack a pannier.
The other is that the only store within Flatfoot range is Sweet
Dreams, and I'd have to stand the take-out plate on edge to get it
into the pannier. (Instead, I use the pannier to carry a box and some
bungees, put the take-out box into the cardboard box, and strap the
cardboard box to the rack.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net