Old November 6th 19, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
jOHN b.

Default Fall is falling

On Wed, 06 Nov 2019 14:54:02 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 23:01:57 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

After carefully observing the situation, I think I can get the
Flatfoot out by the same route as the road bike.

I rode the flatfoot today. With any luck, for the last time before
May. I thought I'd test my plan for getting it out, but he hadn't
parked the car inside yet. When I got to Sweet Dreams, they had
closed for the winter. As pre-arranged, I called home. Most things
close by the first of November in a summer resort, so I'd been half
expecting not to get a sandwich.

He thawed a single-serve pizza, I made myself a lettuce salad with
peanuts, cheese, etc., and an oil and bread-and-butter syrup dressing.

I wonder whether bread-and-butter pickles are a strictly local
delicacy? World Wide Words once looked into why vegetables preserved
in vinegar syrup are calld "bread-and-butter"; there were many
theories, but none that hold water.

Try:
https://www.gardenweb.com/discussion...get-their-name

Which makes me wonder whether "hold water" for "not full of holes you
could drive a truck through" is a local saying.

I think I'll go read alt.usage.english.

Wednesday, 6 November 2019

And I did.

I think that "today" was yesterday.