Old November 26th 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

In article
,
landotter wrote:

That said, the Sram hubs are durable--you just don't see any
stateside.

My LBS in Minnesota usually stocks the Sram T3 (formerly Sachs Torpedo
3) and the 5 speed version because he gets enough calls for them, and
has gotten other IGH stuff from them too. And he stocks Shimano IGHs
but I don't think he stocks the Rolhoff. He also carries a number of
bikes that come with IGHs, such as Breezers.

I have thought for many years that the ideal bike for the majority of
people is the classic British 3 speed,although it needs closer gear
spacing or a 5 speed. Simple to use, durable, comfortable, far less
horrible looking than the "comfort" bikes one sees today (and probably
lighter, too).