Old April 4th 07, 05:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tom

Default Tick Tests Positive For Spotted Fever In O.C.

On Apr 3, 5:33 pm, "Mamba" wrote:
"?Slack" wrote in message

news
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_092221624.html

--
Slack

I just finished a week of doxycycline myself for a tick I pulled off my arm
about ten days ago. Picked it up hiking in some brush in eastern WA state.
It wasn't on me very long, but I was working with some insulation at the
time so I mistook the itch for a bit of fiberglass contact. It got me close
to the inside of one elbow, and within 48 hours I had nasty red swelling
moving up and down the arm from the bite site.

This is the third season I've been tick-bit, and I watch carefully, usually
doing a pretty good body check after activities in the bush.

While Lyme disease has been rare in this area for nearly a decade, my doctor
reminded me that just about anything a tick would introduce into your blood
stream would not be favorable. For the next few weeks I'll be DEETing my
clothes when hitting the bush by foot or wheel.

Gary

Hope no problem, bet you'll be fine. Damn life. Tom