Old March 30th 15, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default V-brake balancing screws.

On 3/30/2015 3:24 PM, James wrote:
On 31/03/15 01:47, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I'm in the "almost any tool should do it" camp. Same as the guys who
put in the slotted philips screw heads.

It occurs to me, I've never carried a Torx driver in my tool pouches.
I'd be ticked off if _anything_ on my bike absolutely required one.

So many parts already absolutely require hex keys, I don't know how
you're not already ticked off!

Oh, I like hex keys. Self-centering, light, small in one's tool pack, no
tiny bits to lose in the gravel, adequately strong, and practically free.

Really, the primary advantage of Torx over hex is for mass production
assembly. If you're screwing in a few million fasteners using automated
screwdrivers, Torx bits last considerably longer, so production doesn't
have to stop while maintenance changes driver bits.

--
- Frank Krygowski