Old February 10th 21, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Fenders. Or maybe mudguards.

On 2/10/2021 8:52 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

[...] I like the idea of the stays wrapping the outside of the fender[...]

I think that's a better design, yes, though it might make adjustability
harder.

On really rainy brevets with stays that mount underneath the fender,
I've had flows of water that were going down the inside of the front
fender get diverted by the under-fender bracket/mount, so that part of
the flow gets sprayed outward, at just the right height to soak my feet.
Even good booties can soak through eventually.

Mark J.