Old August 3rd 19, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Trek/Bontrager Wavecell Technology Helmets

On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 11:21:50 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
I just got an advertisement from Trek in which they now claim that the latest Wavecell has not 28 times but 48 times the protection for your head than normal foam.

I wonder if they will make a commuting or touring helmet, by which I mean a helmet for people who sit upright on their bikes and comes with or has options for a visor, a visor-fit mirror, replacement comfort strips for inside, and so on. My Bell Citi, which is anyway old, took a deep dent in the back the other day, which would have been a gash in my head requiring stitches at the very least, perhaps a concussion too. But I can't find another one, and Bell doesn't list it any more. So I may as well shop for something more capable, if there is such a thing.

Andre Jute
Good news, if it works better