Old May 26th 19, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bottle holder

On 5/26/2019 1:46 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 26 May 2019 11:27:55 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 5/25/2019 10:36 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2019 20:38:11 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Maybe if we get the "safety" nannies to focus on hose clamps, they'll
leave bicycles alone!

Well, we could add a safety wire to the hose clamp:
"Safety Wire Those Worm Drive Clamps"
https://avidflyer.fandom.com/wiki/Sa...m_Drive_Clamps

But... but... wouldn't the end of the wire be kind of sharp?

It would be pointless if it weren't sharp.
(Sorry, but that was just too tempting).

:-)

As in brake and shifter cables, there are crimp on end caps to help
minimize the bleeding:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bicycle+cable+ends
When using safety wire, the twisted wires are commonly folded back on
themselves to avoid making a point. See photo #11:
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/brakes/1408-how-to-safety-wire-your-bolts-tight/
Notice the drill jig for bolts that lack safety wire holes.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=safety+wire+drilling+jig
Soon, bicyclists everywhere will be drilling holes in their bolt heads
for safety wires. If this is all too complexicated, use Occam's
Razor.

.... speaking of sharp...

--
- Frank Krygowski