Old September 10th 03, 03:44 PM
Mark Hickey

Default a cage creature observation

Kevan Smith /\/\ wrote:

I often ride to my LBS from my house, taking the same 7-mile route each time.
When I am all spandexed out and on my racing bike, cage creatures give me room
on the road, seldom yell, and, in general, treat me well. But, when I am on my
ATB, outfitted in normal clothes, I get heaps of abuse -- cars pass way too
close, people yell, etc. Nothing changes but the bike and clothing. I find this
odd.

I've seen the same thing. I think it has as much to do with your
speed as your clothing though. Maybe it's nothing more than the
drivers considering the fact that someone who's going fast just MAY be
able to catch them at the next light.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com