Old November 9th 05, 10:45 PM

Default The Speed Trap - BBC1 Scotland

David Martin wrote:

So, what happened? I saw about 30 seconds before I had to go out.

It was the usual stuff from Paul Smith. One interesting point the
program brought out was that in recent years depite more cameras being
installed and the number of tickets being issued increasing vastly,
the number of drivers getting banned through totting up has remained
constant at about 14,000 per year. . The program suggested this might
be because most drivers with points moderate their behavior to avoid
getting more points and the cameras may be having the desired affect..
I did find myself shouting at the tv that it doesn't matter how many
cameras there are if you don't speed.