Old April 7th 07, 10:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

Default Biking perimeter of Australia (groceries and bikebox in Brisbane)

BikeManiac wrote:
Hi,

1. As written earlier I'm planning on biking the perimeter of
Australia but I need to know where I can get food. This means at what
time and in what areas. Mainly I was thinking of petrol stations with
a small shop. The reason for this question is, that I want to plan
ahead and avoid carrying food and water for very long distances.

Any supermarket in any town. guess what, big town supermarket may even
have peanut butter and jelly. Really.

The supermarket chains vary from state to state.
Where there are no large, medium or small supermarkets, I'd recommend
looking at cafes first. Many small town cafes (milk bars) also have a
few groceries. Ask around when you hit town. Admittedly.most might be
tineed, but usually someone has something. Petrol statins last.

Keep some basic dry supplies (just add water) for emergency (rice, etc)

The isutaion is so bad, I had when I rode up Cape York. Towns with
frozen meat were conveniently located at every four days. Hint, you keep
day three/four meet wrapped constantly in heat retention stuff.