Old April 21st 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Beginning of new rider's union?

I almost forgot the best part of the ride.

At the final rest stop, I tell my son, who's sitting in a chair resting,
that it's time to head out. To which he replies, very matter of factly-

"Dad, I'm on break."

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Howard Kveck" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

It seems like every year the 'Tour coverage has a shot of people on
horseback (or horses on their own) in an adjacent field, racing the
riders
for a bit. On today's Primavera 100K, it was just like that! On
Calaveras,
my son and I were zipping along while, just up the hill, there they were,
racing us!

Not horses.

Cows.

But hey, a couple of the younger ones get going at a pretty respectable
clip.

Cows running look pretty funny. Did you see any turkeys (um, of the bird
variety)?
Last time I was out there I saw a group of about 30.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to