Old April 22nd 08, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Re-living the TdF "horses racing the peloton" scene

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

It seems like every year the 'Tour coverage has a shot of people on
horseback (or horses on their own) in an adjacent field, racing the riders
for a bit. On today's Primavera 100K, it was just like that! On Calaveras,
my son and I were zipping along while, just up the hill, there they were,
racing us!

Not horses.

Cows.

But hey, a couple of the younger ones get going at a pretty respectable
clip.

And then there's always that one fan, who, unwilling to show respect for
the riders and stay by the side of the course, has to make a horse's ass
of themselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-xR1HErmH8